Monday, August 15, 2011

Just a little update

Well, I find it absolutely hard to believe that our summer is drawing to it's conclusion!
It seems not too long ago, we were lamenting a very long and cold winter, and having difficulty seeing any redemption in sight - spring was cool, and wet, but I must say that here in Saskatchewan, we've had a lovely summer.

I've been having a very nice vacation; staying at home - but recharging, reading, walking, and enjoying the wonderful gardens in my neighbourhood, playing with my two felines Herbert and Arthur, and taking an afternoon nap every day. :)

Unfortunately, for me, my computer is still not functional (it is in repair - and I am hoping to have it soon).

 Now that my son has returned from his travels - he is graciously letting me use his computer, so I can spend some time reading up on the wonderful blogs I follow.

Hoping you have had a happy season where you are!

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Miss you! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Kierna C said...

You have made my day - when I saw from my emails that 'mullin avenue...' was back I was so happy - you have been missed! Hope you had a great time off & here's to a great new school year with lots of happy blogging ahead :)

Kierna C said...

Well if you post on mine then I'll post on yours - that way we are guaranteed to see updates!! I can hardly believe how many amazing early years professionals I have been able to connect with through blogs & Facebook. I think it is brilliant being able to look around other settings all over the world & get ideas. This year my enthusiasm for my job has been renewed 100% because of others like you. :)

Kierna C said...

Hi Brenda - just wondered whether you are on FB as there are so many great preschool network groups on there now I'd hate you to be missing out! K

Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

Glad you are back! Can't wait to see your posts in the future! Thanks for all the positiveness!

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Kierna,
Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it.
Thanks as well for all the positive comments, I always enjoy hearing from you, and reading your interesting post over at Learning for Life.

Stacey, Thanks so much for all your kind comments, I've just loved hearing about all the interesting things you and your family did over the summer.

Melissa,
Thank for checking in. I love reading about all the creative projects you and Cassie get up to.

Kierna C said...

Hi Brenda - I was talking about Facebook - I know a lot of people are very sceptical about it but I have found so many great people out there in the early years & it means you can ask questions directly.

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Kierna, Thanks, I actually wouldn't have guessed on my own. I'm really new to social media. I am choosing not to go on Facebook, as I just don't have the time, at this time. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Barbara2 said...

Brenda,
I am hoping your computer is up and running now. I know what that feels like, mine did that three months ago. I am looking for contacts of professionals in the Early Childhood field to connect with. I would like to connect with you for ideas about trends and issues in the EC field.
Barbara

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Hi Barbara,
So nice to hear from you. I've dropped over to your blog, and am now following you.
This is one of the best things about blogging, I think - meeting new professionals, learning and making friends.
I do have my computer back, and soon should start posting.
Brenda